Sunday, January 20, 2008

The UNLOADING crew...10.30.07

The first unload...
taking a little rester in between jobs



The unloading crew awaiting their assignments!Ready....Break!
The lock keeper holding his padlock!
The supervisor...it was so COLD!!
So after we got to town we called some people from the new ward we were moving into to try and get some help unloading but apparently it was a busy week for people--even the missionaries were booked up with double dinners on the two nights we needed to unpack! I am finally over it but at the time my good husband was the only patient person with our new ward family....I really am over it but I about called those missionaries and told them I thought they were losers for not helping AT ALL!! So once again Steve and I unloaded all our stuff from the U-HAUL into our storage unit awaiting a house to put it in...what was supposed to be less than a month's time is now going on 3 as we are still trying to find a house with a perfect fit!

WE are really LOVING it here if we don't think about the weather! We have made some good friends and are really excited about being on this new adventure!

Our little boys were so excited to be the moving crew--they really did help unpacking some of the small stuff...it was just a challenge finding where they had set the stuff they unloaded! They also had so much fun riding their scooters and little toys around the parking lot of the storage unit!

3 comments:

*b said...

wish Dan and I could have been there to help you guys get unpacked. shoot! sorry the weather isn't the best there now, but you'll love the hot summers. they're great!

thanks so much for sending us a Christmas card. you have such adorable kids. it's so neat to see how your family has grown since Gordon was little.

hope to keep in touch and to visit when we make it to Toledo.

*brittany mcculloch

Anonymous said...

That is a little buggin that that was your "Welcome to Ohio" party ... sounds like things are getting better, though ...
And I totally need to call you - after I talked to you my week just got ridiculously crazy and now I've got FHE group to do but I AM going to call you! Miss you tons!

Mark and Meghan said...

sad that no one was there to help you unpack! what a loser ward....wish we were there to have helped you! you're boys are so cute...i bet they loved to be BIG helpers. we miss you leah!!