Monday, November 17, 2008

the big BOO '08


Halloween this year was wonderful because Steve had a Sick day he needed to use up before November 1st..so he took the day off for some fun!! He did still have to teach seminary but I made some chocolate-chip pumpkin muffins to bring for the students and ease that burden for him!


We saved carving our pumpkins until a time that Steve could be there to help...evenings were almost always out since Steve works late and our kids are 7:00 bedtimers usually...so we waited until Halloween day to do the deed...here are the pre-pictures

The kids picked their pumpkins and Gordon who really had an opinon about how his pumpkin looked even drew out what the face had to look like...the glowing results are in order at the top of the page!

Our Spooky Lunch....they had Ghost milk with Mud and blood sandwiches (PB&J...I know the name is kinda gross but my boys LOVED it) and eyeballs (grapes)!! Happy Halloween!


Gordon's school had a little parade for all the kids...


Gordon in the AMAZING costume that Grandma Munns made for him! He has a full chest plate/armor too...but he was going as just a knight instead of a "bad warrior knight"...notice that the color scheme matched the dragon costume...my mom leaves no detail unattended!! She is AMAZING...thanks mom!


These are the only pictures I got of my little Sis in her costume that I made for her...she was not interested in the lace on the neckline...oh, well!! She looked so cute and matched her brother's really well for Gordon's school parade!



Some trick or treating fun...we had a Knight a Dragon and a Princess (in an alternate costume...the one I made drover her crazy with the lace ruff!)

Riding in stlye!!!

Oscar was SO polite at the door. Half the time he said "Trick or Treat Please" and always said "Thank you!" After going up with him to the door and witnessing the good manners I commented to him as we were walking down, "Oscar, you are the kindest dragon I have ever known." When he said, " NO mom, I am soooo mean" I LOVE that little "soooo mean" dragon!

I loved this house's spider web with giant spiders...it was really cute--if spiders could be cute?

10 comments:

lulu said...

I cannot get over how much Gordon looks like Steve. Your family is so cute!

Mark and Meghan said...

amazing costumes! you are seriously soo crafty! i'll put my order in for my kids next year...okay?!

Erika Anderson said...

Her costume is GREAT you are so talented~! And could the things that come out of your boys mouths be any funnier???

Elizabeth said...

how fun, and even more fun that Steve had the day off! YOur kids are so cute and I sooooooooooo wish we lived closer!

W said...

Hi Leah, I just found your blog on Erica's. Your Halloween looked like a lot of fun. Your kids are so cute. What are you up to these days? Are you in Florida? Anyway, if you want an invite to my blog, let me know.

Dani said...

oh my gosh that lace dress is GORGEOUS!!! you are a genious sewer.

Tiffany said...

Great Halloween pics!

Paula said...

Hi Leah! How is Ohio!? You have such a great family!

lulu said...

Thought of you today . . . I made the infamous saltine, cheese, marshmallow Munns treat for them. It was a hit.

Shelly Hyde said...

I love that sooo mean dragon too. Ellie is a real princess... i love that dress. Little g's pumpkin is so creative. And you are so beautiful. WEcan hardly stand that we only have 1 week and a half left til... Partay time