Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July 2009

This Fourth of July was actually celebrated on the 3rd for us!! Our town does a big spectacular over the Maumee River and so we met up with friends for a delicious BBQ and then took off to catch the show! We didn't go to "the fort" (Historic Fort Meigs: wehre the action centered) to watch the fireworks but went with our good friends, the Madden Family, to a co-worker's house on the Maumee side of the river--like right on the river! It was BEAUTIFUL and so much more peaceful!!


E & Daddy at the BBQ!

The kiddies on our way to catch some fireworks...


The only Descent Family Picture....It's hard when it's pitch black to get a good one! You can't see but the river had TONS of boats all anchored out in it to watch the show too...it was almost like it's own show to see them all coming and going!

...looking a little more disheveled as the night goes on!!

All set up...and now we wait for the action!!
I did not attempt to take any pictures of the actual Fireworks...it was so nice to just sit and relax and enjoy the company!!

I just have to say how grateful I am to live in this WONDERFUL country! I always feel very patriotic at this time of year, I cry almost everytime I sing the Star Spangled Banner or really any of those songs if we're being honest!! I am so happy to know that this was/is the promised land spoken of in the scriptures and basically I am proud to be an American!!!

No comments: