Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Armor of God Part 1: Girt with truth!

For my final FHE kit for my FHE group from Tampa I did a lesson on the Armor of God. I came up with the ideas but my WONDERFUL, talented, Generous, LOVING, perfectionist Mother drew the pieces and perfected my ideas into a total gem. We made each of the pieces of "the Armor of God" with their corresponding labels: Helmet of Salvation, Sword of the spirit, Loins girt with truth, Sheild of Faith, Feet shod in the gospel of Peace, Breastplate of Righteousness. Then added strings and elastic so that the kids could actually PUT ON THE ARMOR OF GOD! I was so pleased with the result...they really are darling!! We have decidied since our sweet, wild kids have short attention spans and we really want to focus on each of the crucial pieces of "armor" that we would break up the lesson and learn about each piece on it's own week. Here are some pictures from our week on Girting us about with Truth!

signing scripture power...a FAVORITE song...and it talks about the armor of God in the 2nd verse

We as a family have also decided that we are going to invite some friends of ours over to participate in a shortened version of this lesson as a missionary experience. It is a perfect lesson to share with neighbors since its really fun and it's founded out of the bible so it's multi-religion friendly! We'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Erika Anderson said...

EXCELLENT-TAY!!!!!! Its about time....keep em coming! I'm loving it!