Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am going to try my hand at....

...photography!
I have always loved it and I think I could actually do it...plus I think my kids are so cute and LOVE to have good pictures of them! So I guess I'll just do it my self!
I am going to enroll in a class to hone my skills and learn to master photo-shop.
My aim is to take great pictures not edit crappy pictures to look good--which is what SO many of the photographers I have found in these parts do!! So to start practicing I borrowed a friends nice camera for the weekend (note...I need a good camera

Anyway enjoy some of my first attempts!
Please keep in mind that these are straight fro the camera no edits...and it's my first try....
**I must say I am a little shy to actually put these up for some reason- it seems personal in a weird way...??

Day one trying to figure out bokea (it's the effect of have the subject clear and crisp with the background nice and blurry...) through messing with the aperture (a note almost all of these are close

(PS I shot these all in RAW but had to downsize them for posting here...so if you click them they may look a bit less clear...)


Day two a real try at portraits...of course my kids were the guinnea pigs and they all earned Dollar store prizes for being so good!

I upped my ISO for these ...I love the really light effect...maybe not quite so light next time but a version of this appeals to me!

Gordon was beginning to lose his patience with me!


All in all I am pretty excited for my first attempt...I think with just some minor tweaking on some of them in photo shop and they'd be perfect!
Now I just need to get my own camera and photoshop!!
I'll keep you posted with what comes from my newest hobby!

7 comments:

Erika Anderson said...

Hey....do you get to bring that camera with you!?!?

Mark and Meghan said...

wow, good luck! looks good for your first try! :)

i have a nice camera AND photoshop, and i still haven't learned really how to use either! lame huh? i'd love to take a class too!

Amber said...

Holy moly, girl! You did great! And you are already shooting in manual mode? Who are you?!

Fabulous job. Really, wanna come and take my family photos?

And the kids are adorable as always!

Shelly Hyde said...

love these pictures.. love you. Wish you were coming to eat turkey at moms house. Loved the call of Ellie today,

kara jo haught said...

Leah. Those are so so good!! Can you take pics of us...

Melissa said...

beautiful pics and beautiful kids! keep shooting. :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

your pictures turned out great! Thanks for your comment. Girls really are the BEST!