Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Update...

The problem with having a new doctor for every baby is that though they have all your records and charts and such they never really believe what the previous doctor does is right!

So I have been telling my Doctor that I have big babies and have been induced at 38 weeks with the last two resulting in Oscar at 8lbs 15.5 oz and Eleanor at 9lbs 1 oz.

She was nice and smiled at me and then in so many words told me my dates must have been wrong or that the glucose testing was not done at the right time and thus I was probably mildly diabetic.

Well after 3 glucose tests at different intervals it is positive that I am nowhere close to being diabetic (in fact on the opposite spectrum for the first 2), and after consistently measuring 2.5 weeks ahead of due date (which up until now she blamed on probably have a lot of fluid)... She ordered another ultrasound. So last Tuesday (I was 35 weeks and 3 days) after the ultrasound estimated the baby's weight at 7lbs 6 oz (the ultrasound has a 1/2 lb swing so it is definately in the 7-8 lb range) she admitted to being forced to eat her words and conceded that I make BIG babies!

So at the next appointment tomorrow they'll check me and then schedule to have an Amniocentesis done on the 28th to confirm lung maturity (It is required at the hospital that I want to deliver at if it is to be an elective induction before 39+ weeks) and then if that is positive we'll schedule our induction...hopefully for the 31st!!

Which would mean that we will have this baby in our arms in less than 2 weeks!!! I am so excited!! I cannot wait to see what this little girl looks like and am curious to see what her stats are...feel free to venture a guess in the comments it's always so fun to see! I can't tell that she is much bigger/smaller than any of my others since you always feel huge and packed like a sausage at this point anyway!!

We'll keep you posted!

Here are some pics of the last 3 editions!!

Gordon Oscar Eleanor

1 comment:

Amber said...

I simply cannot wait either to see what baby girl #2 will look like either!

Gordon and ELeanor look a like in their newborn photos. It is so fun to see.

I'm guessing this baby will have blonde hair/blue eyes and that adorable smile that all the Ward children share!

Anyway you slice it she'll be beautiful!

Keep us posted