Monday, June 30, 2008

Clever little Birds...

One VERY chilly May morning I was noticing a few birds that kept landing on our grill. I kept watching them on and off as I got the kids breakfast ready and on the table. As we sat to eat Gordon noticed that each time the birds landed on the grill it had some stick or piece of grass or scrap of something in its beak...I wasn't paying attention until Oscar said "the bird goes in"... so we all started watching the little birds to see what they were up to...Well I soon after saw the two birds land with straw in their beaks and duck into to the vent holes in the grill. A few moments later out they hopped empty beaked...I started to wonder so we crept out to see what was happening and when I opened the grill I found this...

I was so shocked and quite impressed at all the hard work they had been doing it was a shame that I had to cover the grill so that they didn't fully build their nest...The kids and I decided to save all the stuff to show Dad what we saw... and we tried to get a few more pictures of our new favorite birds! I must say the grill would have been a really good place for a nest except for the fact it's a grill!

The Bird perched on the grill ...then...The bird after drop off: exiting Right

1 comment:

Mark and Meghan said...

i was wondering when "all" the posts were gonna be up...but i'm sure that there are more! that is so funny about the birds...and happy birthday to your mom and to eleanor! i loved all the pictures of her. claire will be one tomorrow, and i just cannot believe how fast it has gone!